Serious memory loss is not a part of normal aging. Ten percent of people over age 65, and half of those over 85, do develop memory and thinking problems. The Knight ADRC appreciates referrals from local physicians for participation in our research studies. We hope to improve physician confidence in making referrals to our center by helping them recognize the ways in which their patients’ involvement in our center’s programs may complement the clinical care they can provide.
We do not replace you as a health care provider! We are not a treatment center. Rather, we seek a cooperative relationship in which our role is to give patients feedback on their current status and an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to research.
Whom to Refer
The Knight ADRC continually strives to recruit a diverse group of research volunteers.
We are actively seeking:
- Adults between the ages of 45 & 64 with no memory loss
- Adults over the age of 45 with mild memory loss
We are also especially seeking the following:
- Adults over the age of 45 experiencing mild memory loss for one year or longer possibly caused by Alzheimer disease
- Underrepresented populations (e.g., Hispanic, African American)
How to Refer
Referrals to the Knight ADRC can be accomplished in one of two ways:
- Use our HIPAA compliant referral form and we will reach out.
- Provide your referrals with our contact information and have them contact us.
Are you interested in our flyers or brochures for your office? Contact Jennifer Phillips.