Registration for this year’s workshop is currently closed.
The Knight ADRC Research Education Component (REC) is developing a comprehensive mentor training and support program for junior and senior faculty in Alzheimer disease and related disorders (ADRD) research. This program will provide a six session mentoring workshop series, with each session focusing on education and resources in different aspects of the mentoring process.
In this inaugural workshop course, attendees will receive the skills and framework needed to assist mentees in creating an Individual Development Plan that is based on the individual’s long-term vision and that aligns with the institutional environment. The course will be led by Dr. Nimish Mohile, a Professor in the Department of Neurology and Associate Chair for Development and Leadership at the University of Rochester. Dr. Mohile will provide attendees not only learning skills, but the opportunity to work in a structured format to identify and prioritize values, set vision and goals, and create an action plan.
Mentoring Workshop Details
- Audience: This workshop is intended for mentors in academic medicine. Mentors should ideally have mentees that are interested in a career in academic medicine focused on research, educational research or scholarship, clinical program development or administrative leadership in ADRD.
- Time commitment: Attendees will participate in six (6) zoom sessions over the course of six (6) months starting in May of 2021 and continuing through October 2021. Each session will last 60 minutes, and there will be brief homework assignments and additional work related to developing Individual Development Plans. (*75% Participation commitment is required, 5 of 6 classes must be attended)
- Registration: Registration is currently closed.
- Format: All meetings will take place via Zoom. Links will be provided to registrants the week before each course.
- Schedule: Click here for schedule (PDF)
Contact Melissa Schicker: email@example.com
Knight ADRC Research Education Component Administrator